Black edition featuresThe BLACK edition special features include*:
- Black Wheel Rims, spokes and hubs (braking surface is still silver)
- Black Pedals (both the folding left hand and fixed right)
- Black rear reflector bracket
- Black mudguards
- Black brake levers (the standard ones have black levers - but the body is also black on these ones)
- Black saddle rails and pentaclip (fixes the saddle to the seatpost)
- Black seatpost
- Black chainring and cranks
- Black handlebars
- Black hinge clamps
- Black mudguard roller wheel
Brompton BLACK edition coloursThey are available in a limited choice of colours - to highlight the black features
- Lime Green
- Lagoon Blue
|Brompton Black Edition - Orange|
The black colour bikes (so all-black) have an almost black decal not used on any of the other bikes in the Brompton range
Unfortunately the photo to to the right doesn't do it justice - we'll try again soon!
Brompton 2017 new featuresThe BLACK edition Bromptons are the first of the 2017 models produced.
New features for 2017 are*:
|2017 model lock on Brompton grips and gear changer|
- Lock on grips. It seems that the lock on Brompton grips have finally been released by Brompton. They are still foam, but fixed on with a lock on clip at the inside end.
- New gear triggers. Both the 3 speed (for the hub gear) and 2 speed (for derailleur system) have new gear triggers. They are similar to the Shimano trigger style changers.
- New brake levers? The gear triggers / shifters (whatever you would prefer to call them) integrate with the brake lever. We haven't taken them apart to see, but the existing levers don't seem to have the mounting holes.
- New gear cables. The new gear shifters use new gear cables - so you will have to select the correct one - for the Brompton 2016 BLACK edition it is the 2017 model cables!
*Again - we could have missed some
You can see our range of Brompton BLACK edition bikes here.